***I am offering both in-person and telehealth options. Message me about COVID protocols if you would like an in-person visit.***
Life isn't always easy. Sometimes, even the strongest people amongst us need a little bit of help to work through some of life's more challenging problems.
Everyone has battles to fight and hurdles to overcome at some point. And when you’re faced with difficult times, it can feel as if you just can't figure out how to move past things on your own. You should know that therapy can help you manage these challenges with knowledge and support.
I realize that no two people are the same, and I tailor my therapy to meet your specific needs as an adult. I love helping people understand the things that are holding them back by working together to improve connections between their emotional and physical health. By reprocessing personal history while learning new coping skills, clients can adjust certain behaviors and thoughts to live life in a different, healthier way.
If you're ready to get back on the path that leads to the happier times in your life, then you've come to the right place. Let’s work together to get you back on course. Please email or contact me today!
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker with 20+ years of clinical experience
- Extensive training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Specializing in complex trauma and health issues, including chronic illnesses, chronic pain and eating disorders
- Over 20 years’ experience working with clients with: depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, bipolar disorder, LGBTQ issues, complex trauma history, other persistent and chronic mental health disorders, as well as adjusting to life transitions (divorce, changing careers, family changes, etc.)
Knowledgeable and Empathetic Therapist
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Consultation
Do you want to become a Certified EMDR therapist or an Approved Consultant? Finding an experienced consultant who keeps current with the latest research and mental health treatments is important. And I am here to help.
With 20+ years of clinical experience in the mental health field, I provide years of experience and guidance with clients who present with complex trauma histories. Let's work together towards your professional goals of getting EMDR certified or becoming a Consultant yourself. I will help educate you on using the skills you have learned and guide you through the process of increasing your own expertise. Call me or send me an email to get started with your EMDR consultation!
- Clinical supervisor with 20+ years of experience helping both MFTs and ASWs gain their hours towards licensure
- More than 14 years teaching experience, including Professor of Social Work with San Diego State University since 2014, working as a Field Faculty Liaison assisting students to combine academic theory with the practical, hands-on experience gained in their internships
- More than 14 years of experience working with students at an outpatient psychiatric setting as their onsite field instructor
Please contact me today!
Experienced and Supportive Clinical Supervisor and EMDR Consultant